Legal Notice: The AIRRAID4 penetration-testing game (the "Event") logo, design and concept are the intellectual property of ThinkSECURE Pte Ltd and may not be communicated, reproduced, stored, transmitted or broadcast in any medium or to any party, nor claimed by any party as their own nor claimed by any party as having been technical advisors to, without the prior express written consent of ThinkSECURE Pte Ltd.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
In order to participate in the game, you need agree to these terms and conditions as well as sign the Indemnity And Release-From-Liability form. The form will be handed to you on the day of the event for your signature prior to the start of the event (a text sample is shown below for your information). If you do not agree to these terms, you should not register for the Event.
• Participants must bring their own laptops, wireless adapters and software. For 802.11 hardware, please ensure that it is at least 802.11b-capable, either integrated or via add-on card. For Bluetooth hardware, please ensure that it is at least Bluetooth 1.0-capable.
• Participants are expected to be capable security professionals who know how to defend their own equipment (e.g. laptops) against hacking attempts by others. THINKSECURE Pte Ltd & its partners (collectively "the Organizers") disclaim any liability or responsibility for any damage, either direct, indirect or consequential, sustained by any participant’s equipment.
• You may not remove or disconnect any data or power cable/plug from ANY Event-infrastructure equipment at any time (exception being your own equipment)
• No attempted DOS or FLOODING of any Event-infrastructure.
• No modification or deletion of any pre-existing information on ANY Event-infrastructure equipment.
• No modification or disabling of any pre-existing services on ANY Event-infrastructure equipment.
• Event participants must wear their Event participant ID tag (where applicable) at all times during the game.
• No verbal abuse (e.g. taunting) of the other participants or Organizers' employees.
• Any breach of the above may result in a points-penalty for EACH infringement and/or disqualification from the event.
• In addition to all the above rules, you may not, at any time, launch any attacks against any target outside of the competition-infrastructure environment and you may not steal from or physically abuse any other participant or any Organizer employee. If you are discovered breaching this particular rule, the relevant local law enforcement agencies will be notified.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE-FROM-LIABILITY DECLARATION & DEED
In consideration of ThinkSECURE Pte Ltd and Singapore Polytechnic (“the Organizers”) organizing and providing the venue for the AIRRAID4 penetration-testing game (“the Event”), in which I, the undersigned Contestant, am a registered participant thereof, I, the undersigned Contestant, fully agree, understand, declare and acknowledge the following:
1. I am a voluntary and willing participant of the Event and any other Event-related activities.
2. I have dutifully read, accept and agree to comply with all instructions, terms and conditions as stated in the Organizers’ communications and the Contest Rules of the Event (all of which hereafter are referred to as “the Regulations”).
3. I understand and agree to follow all the Regulations and any and all instructions issued by the Organizers and/or their approved agents during the Event and for any Event-related activities.
4. Having agreed to voluntarily participate in the Event and any Event-related activities and understanding and agreeing to comply with and follow all the Regulations of the Event, including any and all instructions issued by the Organizers and/or their approved agents during the Event, I hereby release and forever hold harmless the Organizers and their shareholders, employees and approved agents, both jointly and severally, from any actions, covenants, claims and demands for damages, costs, loss of utility, loss of revenue, and physical injury, however arising, including negligence on the part of the Organizers, which may have been or may be incurred or suffered by me in any way as a result of, or arising out of, my participation in the Event and any Event-related activities.
5. Having agreed to voluntarily participate in the Event and any Event-related activities and understanding and agreeing to comply with and follow all the Regulations of the Event, including any and all instructions issued by the Organizers and/or their approved agents during the Event, I hereby assume all liability for any and all of my actions taken in connection with and during my participation in the Event, and hereby indemnify the Organizers and their shareholders, employees and approved agents against any and all third-party claims and/or legal actions, arising as a result of any and/or all of my actions taken in connection with and during my participation in the Event and any Event-related activities.
I acknowledge that this deed applies to the Organizer’s Event and all Event-related activities of which I am a willing and voluntary participant.
I hereby agree to all the aforementioned terms without reservation and have read each and every item of this deed.
I understand what each item means and I agree to abide by the terms of this deed.